Fine dining in the Boston Metro is among the best in the word! Greater Boston has several semifinalists in the running for the 2022 James Beard awards, including nominees for Best Chef, Outstanding Restaurateur, and Outstanding Chef.
The James Beard awards are the culinary equivalent to Hollywood’s “Oscars.” Unlike a Michelin star award, which remains associated with the restaurant receiving the award, James Beard chef awards recognize individuals. Chefs who receive a James Beard award are able to take the prestige with them if they change employers.
As Michelin star awards traditionally focus on just five U.S. cities, James Beard awards have become the definitive recognition for culinary talents around the country. The James Beard Foundation’s Restaurant and Chef Awards “honor members of the American food, beverage, and hospitality industries who demonstrate excellence in their respective fields.” The 2022 semifinalists from the Greater Boston area include:
- Tiffani Faison, Best Chef nominee, Orfano
- Daniel Gursha, Best Chef nominee, Ledger
- Tico Huynh, Best Chef nominee, Yvonne’s
- Jeremy Kean and Philip Kruta, Best Chef nominees, Brassica Kitchen + Cafe
- Cassie Piuma, Best Chef nominee, Sarma
- John DaSilva, Best Chef nominee, Chickadee
- David Schrier, Jessica Pollard and David Clegg, Best Chef nominees, Daily Operation
- Debra Snow and Barbara White, Outstanding Restaurateur nominees, Blue Heron Restaurant & Catering
- Douglass Williams, Outstanding Chef nominee, MIDA
The James Beard award winners will be announced June 13, 2022, in Chicago. There are many more exciting restaurants worth a trip to the Boston Metro, and you can find dining recommendations in Boston magazine.
The Boston Metro offers world-class dining, entertainment and business opportunities! When you are ready to begin, relocate or expand your business, team up with theJay Nuss Realty Group, LLC! Whether you are thinking of buying, leasing, or investing in Boston Metro commercial real estate, we can help you find the ideal property, and provide experienced tenant representation!