A recent Entrepreneur Magazine article shared how improving your health helps improve your bottom line as a business owner or employee. Would you agree? Do you have experience with this? As Boston Metro commercial real estate agents, helping people find the perfect commercial space for their businesses, we often share business-related tips.
Physical activity is one significant arena for health. According to research from the Center of Creative Leadership, executives who exercise are significantly more effective leaders than those who don’t, and exercise is correlated with higher ratings of leadership effectiveness.
Not only do workouts help create better leaders, but those who exercise also score higher on other traits, such as inspiring commitment, credibility, leading others, leading by example, energy, resilience and calmness. As any Boston Metro business owner would know, these all make excellent leadership traits!
Aside from exercise, another Entrepreneur Magazine article shared several infographics on how to increase productivity throughout your work day. Many of these tips also revolved around physical and mental health. These included:
- Drink water before bed, because it’s relaxing and rejuvenating.
- Plan an exciting breakfast to look forward to, so you’re more apt to wake up early.
- Sleep in total darkness, so melatonin is produced, which will result in better sleep.
- Exercise first thing in the morning, to clear your head and relieve any stress.
- In the words of Steve Jobs, ask yourself, “If today were the last day of my life, would I want to do what I am about to do today?”
These are all great examples of how improved physical and mental health can also improve your leadership skills and your productivity. Every worker can appreciate that!
If you need the perfect commercial space to make your business dreams a reality in the Boston Metro area, please contact us. As commercial real estate agents, we can help you find the space that ideally suits your business goals!