I don’t think that it’s completely off-base to say that for the past couple of years, many local businesses in Boston’s Metro South area were struggling. Many small companies took a hit during the recession. A recent survey from Patch.com, however, suggests that for many local businesses in Plymouth, Weymouth, Quincy and beyond, things are starting to look up.
As the commercial real estate specialist for Boston’s Metro South communities, I think that it’s important to keep up with local business trends. It helps me provide better service to my clients and assess their needs. When I came across this particular survey, I was happy to see that for so many local businesses in the area I service, things are getting better and are starting to look up. It’s the sign of an improving economy. Here is some of what local businesses in Boston’s Metro South had to say:
● Business owners reported that they saw improvements in the first quarter of this year as compared to last year, and that they are optimistic that things will continue to improve in the months to come.
● More than 69% of the business owners surveyed said that they expect business will be better in the next 12 months.
● When asked to rank their business performance this quarter, over 43% of the business owners surveyed gave a response of “Fantastic” or “Good.” More than 75% said that business was the same or better than last quarter.
These responses prove that consumer confidence is on the rise, and that is fantastic news for smaller, local businesses who may have been struggling in this economy. With the unemployment rate decreasing and people starting to put their faith back into the market, many businesses can expect to see improvements over the next year, which will allow them to expand and grow accordingly. With consumer confidence at the highest it’s been in several months, now would be the time for businesses to do a marketing push and offer incentives. It’s a fantastic way to ensure that the numbers continue to go up.
Here are a few other recommendations to ensure that business will keep getting better in Boston’s Metro South area:
● Businesses have to work harder to keep expenses down.
● Offer goods in a reasonable price range for today’s consumer.
● Offer personal relationships and individual attention to the consumer. The better customer service you give, the more loyal customers you will receive.
Keeping optimism high and working hard to continue your business’s success will only help you in your quest to expand and grow. As your commercial real estate expert for Boston’s Metro South area, I want to help your company reach its maximum potential, and part of that is finding the perfect office space to fit your needs. If you have any questions about which available spaces would work best for your business, don’t hesitate to contact me! I will help you find the office or commercial space that is perfect for your company. I hope to hear from you soon!