Training is an important part of any Boston Metro area business. Depending on the nature of your business, you may need to send employees for training quite frequently. Did you know that the Massachusetts Workforce Training Fund Programs award grants to help businesses train employees? There are many training options covered, from computer technology to cosmetology. For example, one of the biggest programs is color certification for hairdressers. Here are the guidelines for the program:
- Training grants are awarded to businesses with 100 or fewer employees and labor organizations.
- The business/labor organization is required to pay at least 50% of the training costs. Businesses will be reimbursed 50% of the training cost after the training is completed.
- Training programs need to be completed in 12 months or less.
- Applications can be submitted at any time – there are no deadlines.
- Within 7 business days from submitting an application, a grant decision will be made. Once the company receives a signed & executed contract, training can start.
- Businesses may not request more than $30,000 in grants over a 24 month period. There is a limit of $3,000 per course per trainee.
- A preapproved list of vendors will be supplied, and training courses must be chosen from this list.
One important exception to note is that a business is not eligible if money is owed to the state. Additional information regarding the program can be found on the Massachusetts Workforce and Labor Development website.
As a Boston Metro area commercial real estate agent, it is my pleasure to pass along pertinent information to business owners. I hope that you will be able to take advantage of this excellent program to help provide the necessary training for your employees!