Halloween is a big deal in the Boston Metro area – are you ready? Hopefully you’ve finalized your costume and stocked up on candy for the trick-or-treaters. Whether you’re planning on handing out candy at your home or will be taking the family out for some Halloween fun, it’s important to make sure that everyone stays safe! Here are some safety tips to remember.
- Add reflective tape to treat bags or costumes to increase visibility
- Make sure that shoes fit well and costumes don’t drag on the ground to prevent falls
- Make sure that the walkways to your front door are clear of any objects that a child could trip over
- Keep candle-lit pumpkins off of your front porch and out of reach of children
- Don’t assume the right of way when crossing streets – trick-or-treaters may be hard for motorists to see in the dark
- Inspect all candy before eating it
- Keep swords, knives and other costume accessories short and flexible
We hope that these tips will help keep you and your family safe this Halloween. What is your favorite Halloween costume? We’d love to hear about it – let us know in the comments! Have a safe and Happy Halloween!
Jay Nuss Realty Group, LLC
Check Out Our Website
Like Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Connect With Me on LinkedIn
Add Me to Your Circles
Follow Me on Pinterest