Is your Boston Metro area business ready for winter? Our area can have some harsh winter weather, and it’s important to be prepared. Doing some leg work up front can save you time, money and headaches in the long run. Here are our top five tips for getting your Boston Metro area commercial space ready for winter.
1. Check your heating systems. Having an expert check your system for safety and functionality now can save you the hassle and expense of a malfunction during the cold winter months.
2. Look for low hanging or weak branches outdoors. When the heavy snows start to fall, weak and low hanging branches can pose a hazard to your building’s roof and exterior. Remove any that might not be able to handle a heavy load of snow to avoid damage.
3. Don’t leave buildings unheated. This is especially important if you own a warehouse or office building that has unused areas. During the cold months, it’s essential to leave the heat on high enough so that the pipes don’t freeze and burst, costing you time and money.
4. Stock up on snow removal supplies. Check on your inventory of salt, shovels and any other snow removal supplies that you may need to keep parking lots and walkways safe and clear for customers and employees. Waiting until the first big snowfall will leave you rushing to purchase supplies, leaving room for potentially dangerous situations.
5. Consider purchasing a generator. A generator can keep your business up and running in the event of a power outage.
Following these tips will help to make this winter a smooth one for your business. If you are making plans to relocate or expand your business, I would be happy to help you. As your experienced commercial real estate agent in Boston’s Metro area, I will provide you with excellent options for property leases and purchases. Contact me today and I’ll find the ideal location to suit your business needs!