As a commercial real estate agent for Boston’s Metro South area, I work with many local businesses who have attempted to use social media for their marketing initiatives and have struggled to do so. They don’t see the return on investment that they were expecting, and as a result, they quickly get frustrated and move on to a different marketing method. I, however, have seen success through social media as a marketing platform and can tell you how effective it is for engaging and interacting with your target market.
There are a number of reasons that businesses in Boston’s Metro South area might be struggling with social media. Here are a few of the more common problems you can remedy to start seeing more success in this area:
• Inconsistency. In order for you to have a successful social media presence, you need to post content consistently. Whether it’s three times per week or every day, you need to make sure that you’re sticking to a regular posting schedule. Sporadic posts won’t lead to engagement, and people won’t be as inclined to visit your page if you’re only giving them new content read once in awhile.
• Don’t treat your profile like an advertisement. People will get turned off quickly if every single post is an ad for your business. Vary your content by posting photos, questions and community items. Engage with your online network and ask them to contribute to your page. This is how you start connecting with your target market and developing brand loyalty.
• You don’t publicize your page. If nobody that you know is aware that your page exists, how can you expect the fan count to grow? Invite your existing Facebook friends to become a fan of your page, send out an email blast to your database and put your Facebook page URL on your email signature, business cards and print material. If people KNOW that you’re on social media, they’ll be more inclined to connect with you there.
• You get impatient. Social media is not going to translate in to overnight success. It does work, but it can take over a year to really start to gain momentum and translate into a medium in which you get consistent leads and business. You need to be aware of this as you start your maintenance plan and be patient. If you keep at it, you will start to see positive results and see the value of your efforts.
• Think of this as a strategy, and work to improve and change it. If certain tactics don’t seem to be working, change them. Use large brands or successful small businesses that you are in competition with as an example. Emulate what they’re doing. You need to look at this as a game plan and marketing strategy. Sometimes, you may need to regroup and make some changes, and that is how you will stay current and successful in social media marketing.
If all businesses in Boston’s Metro South area focused on utilizing these tactics in their social media marketing, they would see the benefit of it as marketing medium. I have studied this and implemented it in my own business strategy, and I really see the value in it. If you ever have any questions on how to best market your Metro South area business, don’t hesitate to contact me and ask! I’d be happy to help you. I hope to hear from you soon.
Jay Nuss Realty Group, LLC
Check Out My Website
Find the Right Office Space
Like Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Connect With Me on LinkedIn
Add Me to Your Circles