Free public Wi-Fi and shared office locations make it easy to do business just about anywhere in the Boston Metro. But there are good reasons to put down roots and have your own dedicated office space. Here are some compelling points from Entreprenuer magazine, along with insights of our own!
1. Having your own office space shows stability and commitment. It isn’t easy to plan for growth if you are continually hop-scotching from one shared office location to another. And while you can meet with clients at coffee shops, it isn’t as professional as having your own brick-and-mortar location. There is a world of difference between the temporary and transitionary nature of public locations, versus having your own office. This is especially important when you are trying to recruit new talent, or woo investors.
2. Your own office is an extension of your company brand. Your signage, logo and office atmosphere are tangible examples of your company and its culture. If you do business in a coffee shop or shared location, their branding is more memorable than yours.
3. Efficiency and accountability. Keeping your team on track is easier when they’re all under one roof. This is especially important for start-up companies who are frequently holding brainstorming sessions or resolving issues. Your employees need leadership, training, mentoring and ongoing feedback. Building a strong team from the ground up takes interaction and meetings; there’s only so much you can do through email.
4. Growth and development. When you need to get new hires up to speed quickly, or rapidly respond to a new opportunity or a changing market, having control of your own office environment gives you a reliable foundation. It allows you to build and deploy resources to empower your team and grow your business.
5. Tax strategies. Whether you own or lease your Boston Metro office space, there are income tax strategies you can use to offset your expenses. Discuss these opportunities in advance with your CPA or professional tax preparer.
Ready to begin, relocate or expand your business? Team up with an experienced commercial real estate broker at Jay Nuss Realty Group, LLC! Whether you are thinking of buying or leasing Boston Metro commercial real estate, we can help you find the ideal property. Please contact us today for expert guidance!
Jay Nuss Realty Group, LLC
Check Out Our Website
Like Me on Facebook
Follow Me on Twitter
Connect With Me on LinkedIn